Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Campaigns and Conferences

Hello Friends,

I'm sitting in my room now with a few hours before class, amazed that my head has not exploded from all the excitement that's recently been in my life.

Last week I focused my time on catching up on work I missed in New York (it's finished!) and helping my friends Jeremy and Joe campaign for the Mercyhurst Student Governments election.  Sadly, despite their dedicated work ethic and admirable platform, they did not win...but we all had fun campaigning and I'm sure the winners will do a fine job.
Excellent Work, boys.

The other excitement I have coming up is the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Justice Educators (PACJE) conference, which is being held this weekend.  I've written a paper on the abuse of prescription medications, and this weekend I will share it at Penn State, Altoona!  I'm a little nervous for this, however, I know I will have a splendid time and gain a lot of experience.  

I have two classes today, both of which are in the afternoon. (Criminal Justice Ethics and Contemporary Sociological Theory).  On schedule for next week are a couple midterms, and Easter at the end of the week.  Spring term, and thus Junior year, is coming to a rapid close.  

Reading my paper to an imaginary audience for practice, 
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment