Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I've truly missed you all

Hello Everyone,

I vowed when I began blogging, I would try with everything in me to avoid starting a post with the old, "So I've been so busy I've barely had time to blog," excuse, however that literally is the case! 

This weekend though, I was very sick, which contributed not only to the amount of work I have to do now, but also my lack of ability to blog.  Also, when you're only awake for 6 hours of the day, there is not much to report!  There seemed to be a terrible bug going around; I'm blaming the rapidly changing weather conditions.  However, a big thank you to Western medicine and Vitamin C, because I am as good as new! I celebrated (and maintained) this miracle recovery with washing my sheets and buying a new tooth bush (Mother, I hope you're smiling and taking credit for this!) 

But to catch everyone up, I took two midterms last week, one was in Hinduism and one was in Research Methods.  The Hinduism test I thought was very difficult.  I was unsure of how to prepare for a test where the material was so abstract, and unlike the tidy nature of Research Methods I felt simple memorization and appilcation would not suffice.  My Research Methods Test was more comfortable, and I hosted a study session the night before to prepare. 

I got both of these tests back yesterday, and was pleasently suprised with both of the grades!  Because I wrote an essay for bonus in Hinduism, I managed a 100% on the exam.  Now I feel more comfortable about future tests.  I think my advice to anyone with a professor for the first time would be to ask a lot of questions about the test format.  It really helped me to expect a section of essays and identification. 

At the beginning of the week, I met with a girl for tutoring.  I am really enjoying this job and am glad I heard about and pursued the opportunity.  I always advocate finding people within your major who you can collaborate with acedemically, and to become that for someone else is really a great feeling. 

It has been raining a lot lately, which I would take any day over snow.  Hopefully things brighten up by the weekend, I have some sundresses that have been feeling neglected. I feel bad for the poor, poor dears. 

Promising never to neglect blogging for that long again (I really missed you),

Paige  

No comments:

Post a Comment