Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Almost midterms already?

I can't believe it's almost that time of year again, but all of my classes are picking up and I'm struggling to fit everything in.  However, things always have a way of getting done, and it seems that there is always exactly enough time for everything that counts.

In Research Methods I got my test back, and was very excited to have missed only a half point on it.  I guess studying endlessly does truly pay off.  I'm also finding that I really enjoy research.  

Since I'm doing well with this and my other  classes, I took an exciting step the other day in applying and becoming a tutor!  This means I will get to work with people in other criminal justice classes and help them keep up with and understand course material.  It's great because I will be able to earn a little extra money while I help others.  You can be a tutor for anything at Mercyhurst, as long as you have a B in the course and can commit at least three hours a week to whoever requests you.  

I've been doing a lot with yoga club in terms of wrapping it up for the year and figuring out where to go next with it.  I'm a little disappointed in what we did not accomplish this year, and I think I could have been much more organized.  I guess though for being the first year it was not entirely bad.  

This past Sunday I went to a poetry reading that my Hinduism teacher said we could attend for bonus.  I ended up actually being really fascinated by the poet, David Whyte.  

On my agenda for the rest of the day is work study, reading, and preparing for a presentation I have in Research Methods.  This week has been more stressful than the beginning of the term, and I'm looking forward to the weekend.  

Love love love, 
Paige   

No comments:

Post a Comment