Monday, September 27, 2010

Homecoming 2010

This past weekend marked Mercyhurst's homecoming weekend.  The campus was filled with activity as parents came up to visit, and alumni students returned to the campus.  I spent Saturday morning selling raffle tickets for a basket benefiting the Ambassadors club.  Towards the end of my shift, however, I met a student who had graduated in 1999.  She asked if I could give her and her family a tour of the campus.  Of course since giving tours is one of my favorite parts of being an ambassador, I did not mind at all.  It was really nice to talk to this woman and her family, and although very far in the future, I could see myself returning with that same enthusiasm for the campus.

My own parents came to visit later in the day; I was excited to see them, and they were excited-- maybe surprised that our apartment was spotless (Thanks to my cleaning on Friday)!  We spent some time driving through Erie, and we made a visit to Presque Isle.  I think it is very important to go to school in an area that you can connect to, and for me this is definitely the case with Erie.

Today began the start of a new week, and I think it's is going to be one filled with a lot of reading and visits to the library.  I'm still waiting to get back a few papers and tests.  I forgot to mention last Thursday I got an A on my criminology test!

Rested and Ready,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment