Monday, January 24, 2011

It was the best weekend ever!

Hello, all!

I write to you refresh, somewhat warm, and ready to start a new week.  But first, a quick word about my weekend.  After a long week of studying, stress, nearly tears, and the sidewalk falling (see previous post), Maura (my roommate) and I decided to make up for the entire mess by having the best weekend of our lives.

We started Friday by grocery shopping and making dinner.  We made tabouleh, hummus, and flatbread (which is a personal favorite!)  After dinner we have over some friends and just hung out and stayed warm.

Saturday, the yoga teacher/advisor of yoga club, Betty, held a special class for Yoga Day USA!  It was a great way to start out the morning.  After I got back from that, Maura and I gathered ourselves to meet two of our friends at a little event called, "PAINTING WITH PRIMATES!"  This is a day when the Erie Zoo lets people come and paint the orangutan exhibit.  The primates love to interact with people, and they would come right up to the window.
This is us!  In order of height from the left: Lauren, Maura, Paige!  

Although the weekend had to come to an end, it gave me the faith that I can make it through the rest of the term.  A little sunshine would give me more faith.

Also...guess what the temperature is right now?  There isn't one.  It's been in the negatives for some time, which is all just too much to handle at the moment.

Mother Nature, if you're reading this...I recycle, don't eat meat, and don't let the water run when I brush my teeth..certainly you can help me out with this weather situation!

Going to Night Class in a Little,  (Burr)

Paige  

No comments:

Post a Comment