Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Half Way Through

Hello All,

So since I don't have Friday classes, I'm officially half way through the week.  This idea absolutely thrills me!

This past weekend was very fun.  On Friday my roommate and I went to an Art Gallery downtown to look at some exhibits.  Erie has a pretty rich and diverse art community.  After we got back we spent some time with our roommates and visited the neighbors across the way.  I guess all of this running about took a lot out of us, and the next day we slept in and watched movies.  Sunday was Spring Tea.  Each Spring a new group of Ambassadors is added to the club (for those not familiar with Ambassadors, we wear green and give tours of the school,) and Spring Tea is our way of welcoming them and celebrating the hard work to join the club.

And so with the end of a busy weekend comes a busy week.  I worked today at the writing center, as I will everyday except Monday.  I absolutely love it there.  Today, I had Hinduism and Research Methods.  Hinduism was a lot of reading, and it's getting really abstract.  I'm a little nervous for the eventual test and have no idea what to expect.

Research Methods on the other hand is presenting some unique ideas and challenges.  As I still toss around the idea of going into research, this class is important.  Today, however, we learned about something called the, "Matthew Effect,"  this basically describes how difficult it is  to become well-known and respected within the field of one's study.  So basically, if I want to be a well-known researcher, I should start working hard now.

Tonight I'm going to a seminar on campus about women and their power to negotiate within the work force.  My roommate is going for bonus for a class, and I'm going for fun.  The college always has these types of events, and I'm sure it won't be information wasted.

Enjoying the Daylight at 7 PM,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment