Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Final Post of Finals Week. Finally.

A warm hello to all, 

It is with great, immense, joyous pleasure that I announce the winter term is nearly over.  Let me just say, I'm ready.  Having four classes, 8 AMs everyday, and balancing everything else in my little world was really a lot this term.  So, here I am, with one Police Functions final standing between me and two entire weeks of sleeping in and watching reruns of Gangland (even though I know from my paper and classes this is an inaccurate portrayal, I still love it).  This last final might be one of my hardest, but one for which I am the most prepared.  So it just is.

My philosophy final was this morning, and hopefully, I did well enough on it to manage an A for the class, although that will be close.  I've been really hard on myself with maintaining straight A's, so I'm really trying to not let this possibility of anything less affect me because I really did try my hardest.  Some things I suppose just Kant turn out the way we'd like (Kant was a philosopher, that was a pun, at least I took that away)!  

Math Problem Solving ended for me last Friday.  I just realized how little I posted about math during this term, perhaps a sine (math pun) of just how busy I was. While not the most challenging class, I will not miss the abundance of numbers in the wee hours of the morning (wee hours=8 AM my time).  

My Psychology and the Law final was last night, and although it was more challenging than other exams in the course, I feel confident enough about my grade to predict favorable outcomes.  Reflecting upon this class, I learned so much.  More than a lot of classes, I am able to think independently about a lot of issues that I never really had opinions on before.

And now here we are just waiting for 1 PM tomorrow for the last final.  Hopefully I end this term with a bang, a good one though, not the ones of the destructive variety.  

Be well and happy, 
Paige

P.S.  I'm thinking of proposing the idea of "finals after dark," to the administration here.  I feel so animated at night these days, and think my tests could benefit from this post-dusk pep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment