Monday, October 25, 2010

This is why fall is my favorite

So the week back from fall break was absolutely hectic.  I mean the kind of hectic where you almost cry but are too busy, so you just drink coffee and start going at the to do list.

However, working hard during the week leads to playing hard on the weekend.  Friday night started out with Okttoberfest, an event held in the student union.  There was free food, root beer, and a band.  It was veil spass as the Germans would say (much fun)!

My favorite part of the week though was Haunted Hurst.  This has to be the greatest thing ever.  I love Halloween and haunted houses and being scared.  It has also been an item on my bucket list to work at a haunted house.  SO when the school transforms all the major buildings into a haunted house, I of course signed up to be a ghost.

I found myself stationed in a dark creepy elevator in Egan, which is the second oldest but most haunted (as the story goes) building on campus.  I had so much fun screaming and jumping at people and acting as I imagine ghosts of burned victims do (I was portraying one of the souls lost in a tragic building fire years ago).

This is me and one of my best friends, Adam, as we got ready.

This is why fall is my favorite.  I love that I go to a school where it's okay to be silly and crazy and embrace the holidays.  Even if it did mean being in a creepy elevator....


My weekend was so busy that I will require another post tonight to tell you about my latest antics with criminal justice club.

Probably out jumping in leaves now,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment